Scrummy Sausage Rolls
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 small brown onion, grated coarsely
1 sliced stale white bread, crusts removed
200g sausage mince
200g beef mince
2 teaspoons tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced.
Line two oven trays with baking paper.
2. Heat oil in small frying pan; cook onion until soft.
3. Dip bread quickly in and out of a small bowl of cold water; discard water.
4. Combine onion and bread in a medium bowl with minces, paste, parsley and mixed herbs.
5. Cut puff pastry sheets in half lengthways. Spoon mince mixture along centre of each pastry piece.
Turn one long side of the pastry over the mince; brush pastry flap with egg. Turn other long side of pastry over
to enclose mince mixture.
6. Cut each roll into six pieces. Place rolls, seam-side down, on trays; brush with egg.
Make two cuts in top of each roll; bake rolls about 30 minutes or until brown.
7. Stand 10 minutes before serving with tomatoes sauce.
back to index