Gruesome Spooky Eyeballs
400g chicken mince
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 trimmed celery stalk, chopped finely
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons packaged bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
700g bottled tomato pasta sauce
1/3 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon white sugar
12 pimento-stuffed green olives, halved crossways
3/4 cup risoni rice
1. Combine chicken, herbs, celery, garlic, peel, breadcrumbs, cheese &
mayonnaise in medium bowl. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls;
place on baking-paper-lined tray. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine sauce, stock & sugar in medium saucepan; bring to
boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
3. Push one olive half, cut-side up, into centre of each meatball. Cook meatballs
in heated, oiled, large frying pan, turning carefully, until cooked through.
Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile cook risoni in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
5. Serve two chicken eyeballs, olive side-up, in a pool of tomato sauce & risoni.
back to index